- 2 1/2 cups (about 3/4 pound) fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1/2 lb jicama, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp minced jalapeño peppers
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1 lb avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 6 (6-inch) yellow corn tortillas
- chili powder
- 6 Tbs crumbled queso fresco
- 6 cilantro sprigs
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Heat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. In large bowl, mix together strawberries, jicama, cilantro, peppers and lime juice. Add avocados; fold together gently. Season with salt.
- Arrange tortillas on oven rack in one layer. Toast about 10 minutes or until crisp and starting to brown. Mound 1 cup strawberry mixture in center of each tortilla. Sprinkle each tostada with chili powder and 1 tablespoon queso fresco. Garnish with 1 cilantro sprig and 1 lime wedge.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.